Marketing operations is arguably the most challenging discipline within B2B marketing today. It’s a constant back and forth between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds execution. Ops leaders must balance people, processes, data and technology in order to make micro- and macro-improvements that will prove instrumental in reaching business goals.
Integrate and Heinz Marketing recently set out to uncover the marketing ops professionals who aren't only rising to this challenge, but leaving indelible impact on their organizations. We conducted a similar program last year to recognize demand marketers. That process worked well and resulted in some helpful content being used by many demand marketing leaders to shape and evolve their strategies. So we followed a similar process to acknowledge ops leaders who are driving their organizations, and the industry at large, forward.
We sent out a call to tens of thousands of B2B marketers to nominate their ops teammates for recognition and we assembled a panel of expert judges who are well versed in the nuances of the marketing ops role, including Scott Brinker of Chiefmartec.com, Brent Adamson of CEB and John Donlon of SiriusDecisions.
The quality of nominations that poured in was impressive from our view, some sharing pages of data behind the challenges nominees faced along with the solutions implemented and results received. In addition to information provided via the nominations, publicly available details such as LinkedIn profiles, certifications, awards, etc. were used during the evaluation process. And while there are certainly many worthy ops folks who were not part of this program, through this process we identified 33 ops leaders who are changing the game.
From Scott Brinker’s chair
“The caliber of marketing operations professionals on this list is exceptional. As a category, marketing operations has leapt forward exponentially in the past 12 months and this list is a great example – and recognition – of the amazing work being done in the field today.”
Without further ado, I’m excited to share with you the 2017 Top 33 Marketing Ops Game Changers.
- Adam Polaszewski | Sr. Director of Demand Gen & Marketing Ops, Support.com
- Allison Smith Terrey | VP of Marketing Operations & Analytics, Pitney Bowes
- Alyssa Weber | Sr. Director, Marketing Operations, Juniper Networks
- Amar Chahal | Head of Growth & BI, Vidyard
- Chris Rodriguez | Director of Marketing Operations, Mattermark
- Colin Day | Vice President - Global Demand Centre & Marketing CTO, FIS
- Courtney McAra | Sr. Marketing Operations Manager, SurveyMonkey
- Frances McCutchon | Director of Marketing Operations, PFL
- Jeffrey Siegel | Sr. Manager Marketing Strategy, Box
- Jim D'Arcangelo | VP of Marketing, When I Work
- Josh Hill | Sr. Manager, Lead Lifecycle Management, RingCentral
- Ken Evans | Sr. Director Marketing Operations, Fuze
- Kerry Christensen | Director, Marketing Operations, Zuora
- Krista Calvo | Director, Marketing Operations, Adobe
- Kyle Johnson | Marketing Automation Director, Thomson Reuters
- Laura Wang | VP, Marketing Operations, Informatica
- Leah Allen | Sr. Director, Marketing Operations & Technology, Radius
- Leslie Alore | Director, Global Marketing Operations, Iron Mountain
- Linda Fitzek | Director of Business Operations, EverString
- Meg Goetsch | Director of Marketing Operations, MongoDB
- Mike Braund | Senior Manager, Marketing Operations, Tableau
- Mike McMahan | Digital Marketing Manager, Pluralsight
- Mitch Diamond | Director of Marketing & Sales Ops, McKesson
- Nick Spano | Marketing Systems Architect, Accolade
- Nima Asrar Haghighi | Director of Digital Marketing & Operations, MuleSoft
- Patrick Slavin | Manager, Marketing Technology Operations, PTC
- Pete Johnson | Sr. Director of Marketing Operations, ServiceNow
- Rob Meo | Global Manager of Marketing Operations, Splunk
- Ryan Schwartz | Sr. Director, Marketing Systems, Ops & Strategy, MongoDB
- Sameer Khan | Director of Marketing Operations & Analytics, Alertlogic
- Swen Kolterman | Director, B2B Marketing Ops & Automation, Glassdoor
- Tim West | Manager of Marketing Operations, Box
- Yuko Takagi | Sr. Manager Marketing Ops & Automation, Elastic
Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination and a special thanks to the judges for lending their expertise. Congratulations to all who were recognized for their game-changing work! Feel free to share the list of winners among your networks and don't forget to congratulate an #OpsGameChanger.
If you're curious as to what's next, we'll be highlighting a select group of the winners in the Game Changers Webinar: Winning Marketing Ops Strategies for Your Playbook, which will take place on March 15th.
If you're part of a marketing ops team that's tasked with building a more efficient and effective marketing organization, this is one webinar you don't want to miss. You can register here.
If you save your spot now, you'll be among the first to receive the "Secrets and Strategies from Marketing Ops' Top 33 Game Changers" eBook, which will be sent to registrants promptly following the webinar.